Thursday 14 June 2012

In bourbon dreams.

I'm pretty shit at poetry, but as I'm wasting a bit of money on some alcoholic beverages I might as well make the attempt while I'm still without inhibitions!!

So here we go:





AN ODE TO BOOZE

As I sit me down to drink,
I take the time to have a think,
These thoughts are mine,
Just watered by wine,
So listen here,
As I ramble about beer.

Lager, cider, bitter or stout,
I'll drink the lot and stagger about,
Give me vodka and I'll be happy,
But on the gin I do get sappy,
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder,
While brandy brings the mind to ponder.

I love the bourbon that I do,
But in a pinch amaretto will do,
Out on the town it's all about shots,
Jaeger and sambuca hit all the right spots,
Whisky I can drink just barely,
Alcopops are bought quite rarely.

Bailey's is just a bit too sweet,
Bacardi and rum knock me off my feet,
Vermouth is a great drink to start,
But I'll carry cointreau in my heart,
Before I pour another glass,
I'll leave you with this touch of class

Pay heed to this rhyme it'll serve as a warning,
And give you all the excuses you need in the morning.

1 tequila
2 tequila
3 tequila
Floor!






2 comments:

  1. You forgot drinking neat ouzo straight from the bottle while worrying about a philosophy essay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was something missing from there!!! That's why my poetry isn't the best, I always miss out the important bits lol

    ReplyDelete